Saturday, May 7, 2016

Day 6: Fruit - Part 1

Today is all about fruit.  I am going to talk about mangosteens, and how to cut a pineapple.  You couldn't imagine how many new fruits there are here.  Mangosteen is my favorite new fruit.  I normally don't like bananas, but they are better here.  They are tiny, sweet and super squishy.

Mangosteen

How to eat a mangosteen?  I didn't know how to eat a mangosteen the first time I saw one.  So let me tell you how.

First you put it in between your hands.  Then you push super heard.  Next you eat it!!!

Mangosteen are round fruit. At the bottom there's a little flower how ever many petals there are is how many things that you can eat.


You can't eat the out side but you can make tea and medicine.


Pineapple

There is a special way you can cut a pineapple. I was sitting and having at breakfast when the guy working offered me how to cut a pineapple.  The final cutting was very pretty.  He cut out the eyes and it was pretty.  Here are photos of me learning how to do it.

*Note - this photo took 20 minutes to upload


Next time I talk about fruit I will go over snake skin fruit and dragon fruit.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does a mangosteen taste like???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make a video about eating a mangosteen? Does it taste anything like a mango?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make a video about eating a mangosteen? Does it taste anything like a mango?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tastes like ripe strawberries. I have not made a video. But I will in part 2!

    ReplyDelete