Monday, May 2, 2016

Day 2: The Beach

Today I found a really cool thing which was called a Seawalker.  We put on water shoes and we took a boat to a diving deck.  We got pads on our shoulders to support our helmets.  You shouldn't go under water without a way breathe.  I didn't get water in my helmet but my parents did.  It was funny.  We took photos of us behind a metal heart, jumping and feeding fish.  Here are a few:




It was very fun.  I would highly recommend it if you visit Sanur, Bali.

As a Seawalker there are my hand signs that you need to understand and to be safe.  I made a video so you can see the signs and be prepared to do Seawalking when you visit.



I noticed on the beach today they had yellow and red flags.  It marks where the water is good to swim.  I also noticed people were standing out in the ocean fishing.  We walked in the Indian Ocean.  It looks like the water gets deep very slowly which is very different than the Pacific Ocean where I am from.  Here is me on the pier so you can see how far out the fisherman go.  You can see him in the back.


I was a risk taker and enthusiastic by doing the Seawalking.

PS - When you go down, if you are ever going to do this, your ears plug up.  Like in a plane.  Its a good idea to clear your ears even before you feel it plug.  It hurt me more going up then down.

1 comment:

  1. Sophia - I love the picture of all of you behind the metal heart. The videos are also very well done and informative! You should talk to Casey and Tim about diving, they are both scuba divers and had to learn lots of signals. Is the Indian Ocean warm or cold like the Pacific? Your writing is very good! Love, Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete