Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 1: My Way to Bali

I was so excited to get to Bali. Though first I had to drive 3 hours from Portland to Seattle.  I had 26 hours of travel ahead of me!!!  I never knew how hot it would be.

My plane took off at 1:30 am from Seattle.  We were technically chasing the sun while we flew to Taipei.  When we landed in Taipei it was 4:30 am.  The flight was 13 hours long and night the entire time.  We flew 6000 miles (9500 km).  We flew above the ground 30000 feet (10000 m).  I flew 550 mph (880 kph).



When iI got off the plane it was way hotter then I expected. It was 85F (29C). It is very very humid (91%).  I did not know what humidity was. We lookt up a video on youtube.  Its a measurement of how moist it is.  Here is the video I watched:




Just when I thought I had learned enough with weather, humidity and distance I had to learn the differences with the money.  First, we had to get money at the Taipei airport.  $1 was 32NT (New Taiwanese Dollars).  Here is 2000NT which is about $65.



Last night we went to dinner and paid 397,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)!  What a big bill.  But it was only about $26 US Dollars.  The exchange rate of $1 is about 13000 IDR.  So $10 is 130,000 IDR.  I am having troubles with all the zeros.

I was committed by the flight by being patient on the plane.  I am committed to adjusting to the weather because it is very hot and it feels like I am in hot pool. I was also curious about the money.  I cant wait to see  Bali today.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are in for quite the adventure! I would get confused by the money and the zeros too - I got confused when we went to Canada and that was pretty simple. I look forward to reading about your time on the island! Love, Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete